A great feature would be...

Adding user-created tags

Endnote allows tags to be associated with a given entry. What if you could add tags (through Docear's interface or using pattern matching by adding #tagName in the PDF, for example)? And what if those same tags were then autocreated as nodes in Docear linking to the respective text? Then you could have perhaps a separate tree that is based on user-created tags, enabling faster content absorption. (It would be important to be able to attach multiple tags.)

7 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    KurtKurt shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • KurtKurt commented  · 

I see that there is the ability to add "attributes" and have tags listed in that. Filtering on that tag is a great way to get a snapshot of the relevant tag. This solves some of the above comment. But I think it would still be helpful to have a list of tags from which to choose when adding a new tag (rather than a list of all previously entered tag strings which you need to search manually for a specific tag).

The above idea of a tag-tree (with hierarchical tags) and pattern matching from PDF notes still would be nice. Just an idea. Love the software still! Thanks.

Feedback and Knowledge Base